Monday, October 6, 2008

Reshaping Myself

I've always been heavy. Husky is what they called it when I was younger. A politically correct term for a big gut and short legs. Now, I'm just heavy.

My diet is good, the fiancee has to eat no/low sodium so my blood pressure is really low, and my diet consists of a large amount of vegetables. Not that I mind. However, I am still heavy.

I train in Judo, I have taken a week and a half off due to having too much to do and too little time. My club, Bushido Kai Judo, is a decent sized not for profit Judo club in Penfield N.Y. a suburb of Rochester.

On top of my Judo training I've been using the Stronglifts 5x5 weight training program to help build muscle and loose weight.

Still, I am heavy.

So, the plan.

- Judo 3xWeek
- Stronglifts T/Th/Su

As far this is what I have been doing. Notice anything missing?

As a new addition in the battle against my waistline I'm going to start running with the missus. Either a H.I.I.T. style workout or slow-go cardio. Once I decide I'm going to weigh myself, set goals, and go to it.

Here's to hoping!

And no, round is not a shape.

No comments: