Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We did this 43 times already.....

So, I watched the inauguration of the 44rth President of the United States today.

I must admit watching the man that everyone has so much hope on completely flub the oath of office was worth the wait. His speech was even better.

He delivered an impressive talk, full of imagery and sweeping words, a course set for "Change" yet it is change that is nebulous at best. He is faced by a list of challenged that seems nigh insurmountable yet as he stood on the Washington Mall I believed on some level he might have a prayer of doing some good.... maybe.

I'm not one of his rabid supporters, I worry that with the image that has been built up around him he is doomed to fail. I can't help but feel as a Libertarian that he could be a great help, or a hindrance to the freedoms of this nation.

A lot remains to be seen.

Though I doubt he will ever read this, good luck Mr. President. You're going to need it.

No comments: