Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Joe,

I wanted to write a post complaining about laypeople and their effects on me. Specifically laypeople who simply do not realize what goes into maintaining a website, updating, improving, and the day-to-day grind of keeping a site current.

But there's simply no point.

Most people who aren't in a profession can not understand what is required. Why do you think most people who say they could do a better job then their server have never served? I deal with people on a day-to-day basis who have never written a line of code. They have never spent hours trying to get a few hundred lines to do what they want them to do, as opposed to what they seem hell bent on doing.

I'm trying to allow the laymen to peer into my world, to comprehend on some level, exactly what I do. I simply can't do it fast enough.

No comments: