Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's 3am

I occasionally get the urge to write. Not necessarily about anything in particular, but just to write. It's calming. Tonight, at 3am was one of those times.

I had begun to worry myself sick, worrying about money, and cars, and at 3am that was plenty to get my stomach in knots. So, I got up and I decided to write. I hope it both calms me, and helps me sleep.

I had a good day, I got a lot of side work done, I only wish I could have devoted that much time to it before now. PesaPlay is coming along really well, to think that I managed to build a social-networking/fantasy stock trading site with no help, and minimal training makes me smile. It's a good feeling. All too often in my field you are left at the end of the day with nothing to show for your labor. Nothing tangible you can point to and say "I built that" well now I can say, I built PesaPlay, and that makes me feel really, really, good.

I'm nervous, I'm worried, I'm in debt. But it feels good to acknowledge what I made, what I built, and what I will continue to shape and build. It's a really, really, good feeling.

No comments: