Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 Week Experiment

This morning my weight was 310.8lbs. Not my heaviest, but close. Evidently the life of a bachelor was not kind on my waistline.

Today I'm beginning an experiment. I've dabbled with StrongLifts 5x5 in the past, with solid results. However, I've often lacked the nutritional component. Now, with the Mrs. and I eating pescetarian the dietary side of the equation should be well in hand.

While I have dabbled in StrongLisfts in the past the goal in this experiment is to allow the program to run it's full 12 week course more or less un-altered. My starting lifts are listed below:

Squat: 95lbs.
Bench: 95lbs.
Press: 50lbs.
Upright Row: 50lbs.
Deadlift: 95lbs.

While StrongLifts recommends beginning with an empty bar, and I will be warming up with an empty bar, I do not intend to start at 45lbs for my lifts. Including this modification will get me to a weight that is still easy, and will allow me to work on form, and technique, without forcing me to wait additional weeks to reach a semi-challenging weight.

Each week I will be lifting three times, most likely Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On those days I will record my body weight and current lifts. At the end of the 12 week cycle, I'll post side-by-side photos from week 1, day 1, and week 12, day 3. I will then begin another 12 week cycle.

My objective with this experiment is not to prove the validity of the StrongLifts program as that has already been done time and time again. I'm looking to prove that I can lift regularly, on a pescetarian diet, without sacrificing results, or incurring injury.

Day 1 : A
Squat: 95lbs.
Bench: 95lbs.
Upright Row: 50lbs.


Day 2 : B
Squat: 100lbs.
Press: 50lbs.
Deadlift: 95lbs.


Day 3 : A
Squat: 105lbs.
Bench: 100lbs.
Upright Row: 55lbs.

Five sets, five reps. I'll see you in 12 weeks.

No comments: