Monday, April 9, 2012

12 Week Experiment: Week 5

 Day 1: A
Squat: 155lbs.
Bench: 130lbs.
Upright Row: 85lbs.

 Day 2: B
Squat: 160
Press: 80lbs.
Deadlift: 155lbs.


 Day 3: A
Squat: 165lbs.
Bench: 135lbs.
Upright Row: 90lbs.

I get to be a little creative this week. The Easter festivities threw me off week 4, so my third workout for last week is happening tonight. Then, week 5 will be Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. I'm going to be so sore by the end of the week.

I've also started playing with Fitocracy. (http://www.fitocracy.com) Basically, it's a website to track exercise. While that's certainly nothing new they have a few nice features. First, a really clean interface. It took me less than five minutes to log in, and enter my first workout. As you exercise, and track your workouts, you gain points, and can complete quests. There are achievements, discussion lists, and groups. Think social networking meets exercise. Achievements, and quests, are there to convince you to try new things. Ranging from free weights, to swimming, sports, and running they run the gamut from trivially simple, to asininely hard. However, the points awarded scale. So, if you're a nut-job cyclist, and you complete the 2,000 mile bike achievement you'll gain a suitably impressive number of points.

All in all it's provided me with a fun way to brag about my workouts.

No comments: