Tuesday, April 24, 2012

12 Week Experiment: Week 7

Day 1: A
Squat: 185lbs.
Bench: 145lbs.
Upright Row: 100lbs.

Day 2: B
Squat: 190lbs.
Press: 95lbs.
Deadlift: 185lbs.


Day 3: A
Squat: 195lbs.
Bench: 150lbs.
Upright Row: 105lbs.

Squat form has degraded a little, I realized last night, as I wrapped up week 6, that as I was coming out of a squat I was coming forward to engage my calves more. While this will help me keep up the linear gains I've been enjoying it's not good for my knees. I need to be mindful of my form in my later sets.

Deadlift is getting heavy too, even though it's less weight then my squat, and I have no trouble getting the bar off the ground my grip isn't quite up to par. Something else to work on I guess.

I was shocked I completed my push press last night as well, 90lbs doesn't seem like much but pressing that much over your head gets heavy quick.

The objective is to start running this week as well, to see if I can't cut some weight while lifting. Let's see if the weather cooperates.

No comments: