Tuesday, June 19, 2012

12 Week Experiment: Wrap-Up

14 weeks ago, I began a 12 week experiment. My goal was simple I wanted to see if I could prove, in practice, that I could lift, feel good and hopefully drop weight. I began with the following weights.

Squat: 95lbs.
Bench: 95lbs.
Press: 50lbs.
Upright Row: 50lbs.
Deadlift: 95lbs.

Now, 14 weeks. and 36 workouts later my weights are as follows:
Squat: 260lbs.
Bench: 185lbs.
Press: 115lbs.
Upright Row: 125lbs.
Deadlift: 255lbs.

My weight has gone up, but given that I haven't been doing much in the way of cardio, I really can't complain. So, given that I've at least doubled my weights across the board I think I can call the experience and unqualified success.

Now what?

Stronglifts isn't meant to be a 12 week and you're done program. I'm still seeing nearly linear gains across the board and I feel fantastic. I plan to continue, with one key change. I'm going to start rowing after my lifting sessions. I'm not yet sure how this is going to work, time wise, as the Missus is already upset at how long my workouts take, but I feel that some sort of cardio is critical if I want to keep lifting, and lose weight.

I'm going to keep the 12 week cycle. I like that, and I think it works. Basically, it gives me a concrete goal to shoot for, and helps keep me in the gym. With the added cardio, I hope to see my weights go up, and my weight go down. We shall see.

No comments: