Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pages 21-34

One of the great things about growing up is learning to pick your battles. Learning what fights are worth fighting, and which ones are not. I always thought that was one of the crucial first steps in transitioning from an adolescent to an adult. That is, learning when to fight, and when not to.

However, it seems that learning what battles to fight, and accepting the outcome are two different steps on the path to maturity. It also seems that knowing what battles to fight BEFORE they come, and go, is another skill I have yet to master. Or, as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

I have few enough regrets, I think I've picked my battles well, at least lately. It's just that there alas seems to be one, or two, or three more I should have fought and only realized they were "that kind" of fight till it was over and done.

No comments: